Discover nature’s hidden wonders in specially tailored walking trails from luxury tented accommodation. Plains Camp is situated in the heart of a 12,000 hectare concession - a stone’s throw from Skukuza and easily accessible by road or air. With a maximum of eight people only (no children under 12), you are ensured of a quality, pristine wilderness experience.
Two highly qualified guides will share their wealth of bush knowledge with you – from the identification of animals, trees, grasses, insects and birds to the medicinal uses of plants, folklore and basic tracking and survival skills.
For a totally unique experience, guests wanting something different will be able to walk to Sleepouts – elevated wooden platforms 4metres high where the night will be spent sleeping outdoors under the stars!
• Rhino Post Safari Lodge :
Located on the banks of the dry Mutlumuvi riverbed, Rhino Post Safari Lodge's eight suites loom above the riverbank, raised up on stilts that afford them views of the surrounding vegetation and wildlife. Open plan, thatch roofed suites are completed with en suite bathrooms (bath, basins, separate toilet and an outdoor shower), bedroom, living room and kitchen
• Plains Camp accommodation :
Located in a wilderness concession overlooking the spectacular Timbitene Plain & waterhole, Plains Camp is immersed in an Acacia Knobthorn thicket, and offers four comfortably furnished African explorer style tents, with en suite bathrooms and hot running water. Generators and a back-up battery system supply power to overhead fans and lighting, and can be used to re-charge camera batteries.
The concession is an environmentally sensitive area previously unexplored, with a huge diversity of both fauna and flora - an ideal setting for wilderness walking safaris in an internationally renowned Big Five viewing area
• Rhino Post Safari Lodge serves as the meeting point for day one, and guests are requested to arrive no later than 2PM in order to make a speedy transfer to Plains Camp in the open 4 x 4. Guests travelling from Johannesburg are advised to have departed by 7AM at the latest in order to make good time
• After arriving, guests are afforded a short window in which to explore the camp itself. High tea is served, followed by a brief on bush walking safari 'do's & don't's', conducted by the lodge's expert guides
• Following this, a pair of armed rangers escort guests on their introductory walk, later returning to sundowners and a short night drive
• The early morning wake up call is softened with coffee, tea and rusks, before the group departs again for the next walk. Guides take to sharing their extensive understanding of the area and its culture, identifying animals, trees, grasses, insects, birds, the medicinal uses of plants, local folk lore and basic tracking and survival skills. In order to avoid the midday heat, the three to four hour walks are conducted almost exclusively in the early mornings and late afternoons
• After a light snack on the walk, guests settle into brunch back at camp. Spend the hot hours in between walks enjoying the camp's Africana book collection, or cool off in the plunge pool while watching the regular passage of zebra, buffalo, giraffe, elephant, rhino and lion. The afternoon safari ends with the group setting up camp on a set of raised platforms, and sleeping underneath the stars for the evening. Dinner is prepared on an open fire while guests watch as wildlife congregate around the watering hole.
• Day three follows a similar format to that of the previous days, however, following high tea, the group sets off to an exciting new camping venue at which they will spend the night. Setting up camp on a series of raised platforms, the group will spend the night sleeping underneath the stars, dinner being prepared on an open fire while they watch wildlife congregate around the watering hole.
• Light snacks are served before the group heads back to Plains Camp
• Brunch is followed by a chance to grab a shower, before packing up and transferring back to Rhino Post Safari Lodge
• Refreshments are served upon arrival, followed by brief introductions to the lodge. Guests are then escorted to their rooms
• After settling in, guests are invited to high tea, and then an afternoon / evening game drive
• Sundowner drinks are enjoyed under a reddening African sky before setting back off into the night to spot some of the nocturnal residents
• Dinner and conversation are enjoyed on the deck back at the lodge before guests retire for the evening
• Another early start to the day, with rusks, coffee and tea, and guests are off, once more, to explore the park
• After returning, guests settle into brunch back at camp, before spending some time enjoying the camp grounds and facilities. High tea is followed by the afternoon safari, the evening winding down with a warm dinner before guests head off to bed
• Guests will be woken up early for the last time on their trip, served fresh coffee or tea and muffins in the lounge, and set off again for an early morning game drive, with a being made stop midway for coffee or tea in the bush
• Brunch is served upon return to the lodge
From $ 1,849
Accommodation, meals, teas & coffees, morning walks
|Dates||Rates (PPS)||Rates (SINGLE)|
|01 Aug 2019 — 30 Apr 2020||$ 2,017||$ 2,623|
|01 May 2020 — 31 Jul 2020||$ 1,849||$ 2,404|
|01 Aug 2020 — 30 Apr 2021||$ 2,182||$ 2,836|
""MARVELOUS !! Admittedly, I'm a terrible customer to advise (looking for 'the trip of my dreams' on the very last minute and being so constrained in my travel times and budget, too), but Ruben made the impossible happen. Am so so so very very happy - and so much looking forward to this trip. THANK YOU !!!"
- Ute-Christine Klehe
"Gloria was very fast in responding my emails, other Tour Operators didn't answer so fast. The price was ok. In the Camp everything was perfect and I liked that the camp was authentic. the guides were also very attentive and friendly"
- Gretchen Klein
"Fantastic holiday. Would highly recommend both the destination and the company."
Privately-owned and fully independent, our core aim is to ensure the smoothest safari experience possible with 24/7 support.
Tailor-made, full service itineraries including flights, transfers, car hires and any extras at no extra cost to you.
Enjoy complete financial protection. We are fully accredited and bonded, any money paid to us receives a third-party guarantee.
If you find a better rate, we will match it. Our relationships with Africa’s top operators means you get the best rates.