Xigera Camp, a true wetland paradise is a delight for birdwatchers and lovers of tranquil beauty. Located on Paradise Island and surrounded by deep channels and lush vegetation within a remote area of the productive Moremi Game Reserve. For much of the year this magnificent area epitomises the permanently flooded section of the Okavango Delta, with palm-filled islands, riverine forests, a multitude of clear water channels and expansive floodplains.
The area is known for remarkable mammal sightings including red lechwe, spotted-necked otter, elephant, buffalo, reedbuck and tsessebe Predators include lion, spotted hyaena and leopard. Guests are sometimes treated to close-up views of lion or leopard using the footbridge connecting Xigera to the next island! This concession lies in an International Birding Area (IBA) with many ‘Okavango specials’ being present, including Pel’s Fishing-Owl, African Skimmer, Brown Firefinch, Greater Swamp Warbler, Wattled Crane, African Pygmy Goose and Lesser Jacana.
Xigera Safari Lodge can accommodate up to 24 guests plus 4 guides/pilots/tour leaders (subject to concession numbers and/or availability).
The 11 standard suites include a separate lounge, bedroom, dressing area, full bathroom and outdoor shower and feature, Wi-Fi and air-conditioning, as well as a private deck with a gazebo offering uninterrupted floodplain views.
11 standard suites of which:
• 9 x king-size beds (which cannot be split); and
• 2 x twin beds (which can be converted into king-size beds using mattress converters).
Activities at Xigera Camp incudes game drives, mokoro trips, fishing & birding.
While the emphasis at Xigera is on water activities, game drives are offered year round
• No night drives due to Moremi Game Reserve National Park regulations
• Day game drives in open 4x4 vehicles (four vehicles will be 4-seaters and two vehicles will be 6-seaters)
• Private activities on offer (subject to vehicle availability, and need to be booked and paid for)
• During colder or wetter weather, hot water bottles, blankets and lined ponchos are provided
• Water-based activities; - in 2-seater glass-bottom mekoro; and - 6-seater motorboats, 2 of which have a glass-bottom and 2 have a super structure with roof seating available (seasonal water levels permitting)
Xigera is a water-based camp offering guests an opportunity to experience the waterways of the Okavango Delta. In the peak months, guests are able to boat through over 60 kilometers of floodplain and channels to reach the islands where there are regular sightings of Buffalo, Elephant, Zebra, Giraffe, Lechwe and Sitatunga as well as numerous other Delta species. Lion and leopard can also be seen crossing the deep channels as they move between islands. Hippo can be seen from mokoro and there is an abundance of birds, a special being Pel’s Fishing Owl.
Children aged 12 and over are welcome at Xigera Safari Lodge and the full adult rate is charged;
• Children aged between 12 and 16 years must share a suite with one adult;
• Children partaking in boating or mekoro excursions must wear life vests at all times; and
• For safety reasons, children under 13 may not participate in walking or mekoro excursions.
From $ 2,630
Accommodation, all meals, twice daily scheduled wildlife activities, park fees, laundry and all local drinks - excludes premium imported brands and champagne and in-suite Wi-Fi
All activities include: game drives, boating, seasonal catch-and-release fishing, mekoro excursions, walking, scheduled yoga classes, use of the gym, pool and library
|Dates||Rates (PPS)||Rates (SINGLE)|
|01 Jun 2021 — 31 Oct 2021||$ 3,995||$ 5,195|
|01 Nov 2021 — 19 Dec 2021||$ 2,630||$ 3,430|
|20 Dec 2021 — 05 Jan 2022||$ 3,575||$ 3,755|
"The explanations of your representative were great and clearly. It's was accompanied with kindness words and the responses for the mails were very efficient and quickly. I will recommend warmly to all my friends to contact with you."
"I had a wonderful experience with your staff prompt reply and excellent service."
"No reason to complain at all . Excellent service throughout. Thank you!"
Privately-owned and fully independent, our core aim is to ensure the smoothest safari experience possible with 24/7 support.
Tailor-made, full service itineraries including flights, transfers, car hires and any extras at no extra cost to you.
Enjoy complete financial protection. We are fully accredited and bonded, any money paid to us receives a third-party guarantee.
If you find a better rate, we will match it. Our relationships with Africa’s top operators means you get the best rates.