Gondwana is a luxury Western Cape game reserve located in the picturesque Garden Route, which offers a diverse selection of Luxury Safari Lodge Accommodation from romantic Private Suites to Private Villa Rentals – perfect for families.
Less than a four-hour drive from Cape Town International Airport, along South Africa’s scenic Garden Route, the award winning Gondwana Game Reserve provides the perfect luxury safari getaway for Cape Town visitors. Located on South Africa’s popular Garden Route, the 11 000-hectare (26 000 acre), private, malaria-free game reserve offers a distinctive and authentic free roaming, Big 5 safari. World-class tourist facilities and attractions on Gondwana’s doorstep include championship golf courses like Pinnacle Point and Fancourt, great swimming and surfing beaches and attractive coastal towns.
For couples looking for a romantic spoil, deluxe accommodation is offered in Kwena Lodge Suites, a modern and luxurious twist on the traditional Khoi-San dwelling. 14 open plan suites are nestled into the spectacular surrounds with 180-degree mountain views overlooking a waterhole and include wood burning fireplaces and luxurious bathrooms.
Family or group accommodation is ideally provided in spacious luxury Kwena Lodge Villas and Lehele Lodge Villas which are privately situated with awe-inspiring views of the surrounding Outeniqua Mountains from your expansive deck. The villas include 3 or 4 en-suite bedrooms with an open plan lounge, dining and kitchen area.
Other accommodation offerings on Gondwana include the Eco Camp which offers guests an exclusive behind the scenes hands on safari experience.
The Pioneer Trail is the ultimate slack packing adventure offering a 3-night walking safari through the Big 5 game reserve staying in a new remote tented camp each night.
Ulubisi House is Gondwana’s most exclusive and luxurious offering as a privately staffed exclusive-use lodge sleeping 6-8 guests.
Gondwana Game Reserve offers guests attentive service, superb cuisine, inspiring interiors, expert game rangers, and an array of activities including game drives, mountain biking, guided bush walks, Africology spa treatments, conservation activities and the popular Junior Ranger Program for children.
The Junior Ranger Program is inclusive for all families on a full board or half board package and includes educational game drives, interactive activities, Junior Ranger packs and a completion certificate. The younger children’s activities are based mainly around the lodge to stay closer to parents. Children will receive a fun Junior Ranger’s backpack and cool safari activity booklet to fill in throughout their stay. During game drives and other activities with their dedicated ranger, kids will be taught how to identify mammals, birds, Fynbos species, and even identify the stars!
Gondwana Game Reserve is a year round safari destination
Every Season brings new wonders - No matter the weather a Cape Safari will always be a magical experience!
• Fynbos Highlights - Yellow pincushion comes out just in time for Christmas
• Birding Highlights - South Africa’s national bird the Blue Crane, finds refuge on Gondwana where they breed and raise their chicks on the plains.
• Wildlife Highlights - Antelope species continue to produce young. Black wildebeest calves and impala lambs are abundant.
• Average temp: 20.3C - Lows 10C – Highs 33.7C
• Fynbos Highlights - Fynbos in full bloom look out for Ericas, & Bearded Proteas
• Birding Highlights - We welcome back nomadic nectar feeding bird species such as the Cape Sugarbird and Orange breasted Sunbird. Species such as the male Malachite Sunbird moults into its metallic green plumage.
• Wildlife Highlights - Many antelope species such as impala go into rutting season where they challenge each other in noisy, boisterous disputes in a struggle to gain and hold a territory.
• Average temp: 17.9C - Lows 7C – Highs 31.9C
• Fynbos Highlights - Protea forests are in full bloom. Purple Ericas in bloom in our wetland areas, “heather on the hills”
• Birding Highlights - Nectivores birds are abundant (sunbirds & sugarbirds) – The endemic Orange Breasted Sunbird is nesting at this time of year on the reserve
• Wildlife Highlights - If Gondwana’s lion pride has cubs they usually come out of hiding at this time of the year and we get our first sightings of them
• Average temp: 13.9C - Lows 7.5C – Highs 27.7C
• Fynbos Highlights - Sweet thorn acacia (Acacia karoo) will start to flower, attracting bees to pollinate the bright yellow flowers. September bush (Polygala myrtifolia) flowering with bright pink flowers (leaves are made into a poultice for treating gout). Various gladiolus species and other bulbs are in flower.
• Birding Highlights- Burchells coucal: also called the rain bird has started calling. The Zulu culture believe that one should plant your crops when this bird calls as rain is expected. Migratory birds: We say good bye to many of the sunbirds as they migrate to higher altitudes, but we welcome back the summer residents, Red-chested Cuckoo, Didericks Cuckoo, White-rumped Swifts, European Swallows
• Wildlife Highlights- Reptiles have become active: many snakes (puffadders, boom slang, night adder, karoo padloper) Eland, red hartebeest, gemsbok are calving with many babies seen on the reserve.
• Average temp: 15.9C - Lows 7.9C – Highs 31.9C
Gondwana is a luxury Western Cape game reserve located in the picturesque Garden Route less than a four-hour drive from Cape Town International Airport.
Feb 19, 2024
Smooth booking process
Smooth booking process. Looking forward to the trip.
Feb 17, 2024
Everyone has seemed to care a lot about…
Everyone has seemed to care a lot about my wife and me. Communication has been good via email, especially with the difference of eight hours of time zones.
Feb 16, 2024
High quality, excellent service, Lisa is fantastic !
Feb 7, 2024
Excellent trip planning
Sara did such an outstanding job coordinating our trip! I couldn’t have done it without her!!!
Feb 6, 2024
The communication Safari.com provides…
The communication Safari.com provides is second to none. Their response rate is amazing, and they had our entire trip planned in just a few days!
Feb 4, 2024
Dolan was incredible!
Dolan was incredible!
Feb 2, 2024
Flawless payment module
Feb 1, 2024
Good communication and prompt replies…
Good communication and prompt replies to queries.
Jan 31, 2024
Fast and Easy