Terms & Conditions
- GENERAL INFORMATION
- Safari.com is operated under license by Afritrip Group (Pty) Ltd (Reg. No. 2015/404573/07), which company is a member of SATSA (member #1680) as well as TBCSA.
- Safari.com is an authorised reseller of all products listed on this website. In particular it is an authorised reseller of products in which it has a binding tour operator agreement.
- Currency and merchant outlet country - transaction Currency is ZAR (South African Rand). The merchant outlet country at the time of presenting payment options to the cardholder is South Africa.
- Users may contact Safari.com by sending an email to email@example.com or by using the ‘Contact Us’ button on the website. Users may also make contact by calling +27 21 468 7255 or sending a fax to +27 21 468 7250.
- Safari.com may use all information submitted to further promote it and its partners’ websites and or services.
- Safari.com may, in its sole discretion, change this agreement or any part thereof at any time without notice.
- Safari.com chooses as its domicilium citandi et executandi for all purposes under this agreement, whether in respect of court process, notice, or other documents or communication of whatsoever nature, 35 Hope Street, Gardens, Cape town, 8001, South Africa.
- Safari.com operates as a guide to enable users to find, book and pay for, accommodation and packaged tours. Safari.com thus acts as an advertising medium for these services and facilitates payments through the use of a payment gateway. However, the contract is based on an offer by the establishment which is accepted by the guest and therefore exists legally between these two parties. Safari.com's responsibility with regard to any transaction is to assist both parties to agree on a booking, to receive payment from the guest for the required amount, to pass such payment to the establishment/operator after deducting agreed commission and to provide the guest with a reservation reference number, if applicable. The commission is only earned and brought to account once the client's arrangements have been completed.
- Safari.com is also responsible for providing support to users of the website by means of the 'Contact Us' button. In the event of a dispute between the guest and the establishment/operator, Safari.com will assist in resolving such dispute. Safari.com does not, however, underwrite or guarantee bookings between the guest and establishment/operator or the accuracy of the information portrayed by the establishment/operator or in its quote. In the event of any dispute between guest and establishment/operator, Safari.com will assist with the resolving of such disputes but is not liable to either party for any claims, damages or refunds of any type.
- All information and systems are the property of Afritrip Group. Apart from the provisions of sections 43(5) and 43(6) of the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act, neither Safari.com nor any of its agents or representatives shall be liable for any damage, loss or liability of whatsoever nature arising from the use or inability to use this website or the services or content provided from and through this website. Furthermore, Safari.com makes no representations or warranties, implied or otherwise, that, amongst others, the content and technology available from this website are free from errors or omissions or that the service will be uninterrupted and error free. Users are encouraged to report any possible malfunctions and errors to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Information, ideas and opinions expressed on this site should not be regarded as professional advice or the official opinion of Safari.com and users are encouraged to consult professional advice before taking any course of action related to information, ideas or opinions expressed on this site.
- The establishment owner and/or operator agrees that guest comments can be published on the establishment listing by guests who have stayed at the establishment and further agrees that Safari.com is not liable or responsible in any way for the verification or accuracy of any guest comments made.
- In terms of these standard trading conditions, and any contract/s concluded pursuant hereto, Safari.com acts as agent only for and on behalf of the client in procuring the services. As such, Safari.com shall procure the services for and behalf of the client as agent for it with relevant third party service providers concerned. Safari.com shall, under no circumstances, be liable for the acts and omissions of the relevant third party suppliers concerned.
- Neither Safari.com nor any of its agents or representatives shall be liable for any damage, loss or liability of whatsoever nature arising from the use or inability to use any services sold by Safari.com.
- PAYMENT METHODS
- Credit card payments
Safari.com has all your transactions protected by powerful Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption technology supported by Microsoft Internet Explorer and other popular browsers. SSL encrypts all your personal information before it travels over the Internet. This makes doing online business just as secure as telephonic business. SSL safe connection and secure transaction technology has effectively protected thousands of our customers who have transmitted their credit card numbers online and made a purchase since we launched.
- Payment is only collected when a quotation has been received from the establishment, while the quotation has not yet expired and when the guest accepts the quotation. Once payment has been made against a quotation, the offer and its acceptance become a binding contract. Following acceptance the establishment is required to send confirmation of the booking.
- Safari.com was the first company in South Africa to implement 3-D Secure (3DS) credit card security. 3DS is an added layer of security for online credit card transactions. By requesting a pin number with the credit card details, fraud is greatly reduced. It operates in the same way as taking money out of an ATM machine, requiring both the card and a PIN.
Most new credit cards are 3DS-enabled, and old cards can still be activated with 3DS through the cardholder's bank. The advantage for buyers is when his/her card is activated by 3-D Secure, a login and password must be provided. Merchants such as Safari.com do not have access to this security information, only the bank and their Access Control Server (ACS) have access to this information.
- Customer details are separated from card details : No credit card details are stored at Safari.com
- Direct deposits / EFT's
Banking details (for wire transfers)
Account holder: Afritrip Group
Bank: Standard Bank
Branch code: 025109
SWIFT code: SBZAZAJJ
Account number: 271-684-372
The SWIFT code needs to be used for international payments.
- Such payments are required to be made at least 7 days before the expiry of a quotation, in order to allow sufficient time for the payment to clear into the Safari.com bank account. The quotation (offer) is deemed accepted when the guest payment is received into the Safari.com bank account within the validity period.
- Clients must pay the exact amount and must place a reference number on the deposit slip..
- Any cancellation of a booking and/or service by a client must be sent in writing and be acknowledged by Safari.com in writing. Clients should refer to their quotation and confirmation documentation for details regarding the payment schedule and cancellation terms.
- Payment is made either of the minimum 50% deposit required or the full amount. In certain circumstances the minimum deposit is equal to the full amount of the quotation.
- As soon as payment has cleared into the Safari.com / Afritrip Group bank account, delivery has taken place on the part of the guest and the establishment is required to confirm the reservation and a reservation confirmation reference number is issued. Delivery on the part of the establishment takes place when the guest has physically taken up the accommodation reserved.
- Establishments may apply cancellation policies and these are clearly displayed on every quotation. Cancellation policies will have implications for refunds and these are dealt with in clause 5.
- Value added tax at 14% is charged by VAT registered establishments on bookings by South African residents.
- CANCELLATION TERMS
- In the event that you cancel your booking, in full or partially, for any reason whatsoever Safari.com will levy cancellation charges defined below. In the occasional instance where Safari.com is able to obtain waivers of cancellation fees and/or secure an exgratia refund from suppliers Safari.com will pass this on to you less the service fee. However, Safari.com makes no guarantees as to securing such waivers or refunds.DAYS PRIOR TO ARRIVALCANCELLATION FEES0-60 days prior100%61-90 days prior50%91+ days prior30%
- All cancellations must be sent to Safari.com via email. If the cancellation notice is received outside of South African (SAST) business hours it will be deemed to be received in the first business hour following receipt of the notification.
- Safari.com will make every effort to avoid misquotation, however if we have made an obvious error or omission which leads to a material cost implication we reserve the right to cancel a reservation without liability or penalty, or to allow you to make a top up payment to accommodate for such error or omission.
- Safari.com reserves the right to levy a 5% admin charge on credit card and bank transfer refunds due to cancellations.
- GROVERNING LAW / LEGAL JURISDICTION
- This site is managed, controlled and operated from the Republic of South Africa and is therefore governed by South African law.
- Any and all Safari.com services and products are performable and/or sold in South Africa, and you irrevocably agree to that any cause of action you may submit will be filed in Cape Town, South Africa which will be the venue of any legal dispute. You also agree that any dispute will be governed by the laws of South Africa.
- Safari.com shall take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information of Users. For the purpose of this clause, "personal information" shall be defined as detailed in the Promotion of Access to Information Act 2 of 2000 (PAIA). The PAIA may be downloaded from: http://www.polity.org.za/html/govdocs/legislation/2000/act2.pdf.
- Safari.com shall take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information of every user on the system and may store, notwithstanding other information, the following; name and surname, birth date, e-mail address, telephone numbers, cellular numbers, physical addresses, other personal information including surfing habits, IP addresses, username and passwords for the system booking and client preferences and any other information the user submits to this website. Safari.com only stores this information when a user has consented to these terms and conditions. Users are required, in every instance, to specifically indicate their consent before they are able to send an availability enquiry or a booking to an establishment.
- Any person that delivers or attempts to deliver any damaging code to this web site or attempts to gain unauthorised access to any page on this web site shall be prosecuted and civil damages shall be claimed in the event that Safari.com suffers any damage or loss.
- CHILD POLICY
- Children of 12 years and older will be considered adults and be charged the appropriate rates.
- Some establishments offer a discounted rate for children under the age of 12 years, though this will be advised depending on the supplier.
- Depending on the supplier, children under the age of 12 may be unable to take part in certain activities, or even not allowed at the establishment. It is the responsibility of guests to confirm these details before confirming any bookings.
- VACCINATIONS, HEALTH, PASSPORTS
- The guest must be aware of malaria, yellow fever, and other diseases when travelling in Africa. The advice of a qualified, medical practitioner should be followed and Safari.com will accept no responsibility for inadequate medical or health requirements.
- Guests should be medically fit and able to embark on any trips booked through this website. Any medical conditions need to be explicitly raised prior to travel, and the guest accepts responsibility for any necessary medicine or provisions.
- It is the guest's responsibility to ensure that all necessary passport or visa information is taken care of. Safari.com will not be held accountable for any costs incurred due to complications that may arise due to incomplete passport, visas or medical certificates.
- VARIATION OF THESE TERMS
- No variation of these standard terms and conditions will be accepted unless present in a written document, signed by a director of Afritrip Group.
out of 5 based on
Oct 21, 2022
Superior service, knowledgeable, transparent, amazing can-do attitude
These guys get 10/10.
I have booked with them a few times.
To Kruger National Park, including both public and private(concession) camps, flights and car hire. Their senior agent, Dolan is exceptional. Nothing is too much trouble. Attention to detail, transparency, and 'can-do' attitude are out of the ordinary.
I recently came into contact with Tanya at safari.com as well. It looks like all their agents are similarly well trained. Thank you.
I cannot recommend Dolan and his team highly enough.
Nov 18, 2022
Cape Town miracle
I was in Cape Town, South Africa recently for an athletic competition and had allowed myself a week of personal time to relax and properly conclude the trip, but had not bothered to plan a safari to occupy the time. I was skeptical of the cost and whether I would enjoy the experience, however a couple days into that final week it occurred to me, in a bit of a panic attack, what a waste it would be not to take advantage of this opportunity. I hopped online and started looking at flights to Johannesburg (almost all the safaris in SA start there with an early morning pick up), but it was basically impossible to get a flight early enough and/or to coordinate with the multiple safaris operating in or just outside of Kruger. With no apparent options available to turn my remaining 4 1/2 days into even a 3 day safari I stumbled on the most obvious website one could imagine, Safari.com. I'd completely given up negotiating all the variables on my own but here was a safari travel agent that might be able to help me .. and they were based right out of Cape Town, literally a stones throw from my lodgings. Serendipity, or so i hoped. I immediately sent out an email and crossed my fingers .. for roughly an hour and a half, at which point Dolan from Safari.com responded to me requesting I give him a call so that we could expedite potential arrangements. My in country phone plan wasn't able to make calls, but we arranged for him to call me and not 3 hours after being in the grip of despair Dolan got through to me and far from notifying me of how absurd it was to hold out hope for a literally, last minute safari adventure with barely 4 days available to me, he had already worked out all the details I'd sent and created a preliminary safari trip that would bypass Johannesburg airport for a flight the next morning to a closer, much, much smaller airport where I would be picked up taken, not to a 3 day safari, but a full 4 day safari, then back to the tiny, tiny airport for a return flight to Cape Town with 2 hours to spare for my return leg all the way home. It almost feels like an afterthought, after the minor miracle Dolan was able to conjure up, but the safari itself at Simbavati Lodge was just an absolutely stunning experience. The single "tent" he booked me was as luxurious as any 4 star hotel I've stayed in, the game drives, one every morning, one every evening were more amazing than I could have ever imagined, and the food, 3 meals a day with snacks and an open bar was sublime. I could go on about the wonderful staff, or the wonderful other safari goers you can meet and grab a drink with, or the different animals walking through the open lodge facilities daily .. but I've gone on long enough. I'll simply conclude by saying .. safari, absolutely, yes, do it, it is amazing. And when you do decide, Safari.com will do you right and if you have the pleasure of working with Dolan, do give him my thanks .. the entire experience was the best part of my trip :)
Nov 12, 2022
A great company
What to say! We planned a South African Safari for 2020 with Safari.com. We researched companies and took a chance on one we had never heard of before. Henry Franklin was our agent, we gave him our budget and wish list. He came up with a wonderful looking trip and we made our choices! Then came Covid, preventing us from going. We couldn’t have been in better hands. Henry rebooked everything for the next year. He kept us updated on how things looked there. When in 2021, we decided it still looked iffy, he rebooked us a second time for 2022. We couldn’t have been happier with the service we had in a rough time for all.
We had a wonderful experience on our trip when we finally got to go!! Henry had everything so well organized and gave us a detailed list of what transfer companies would be meeting us and when. When Airlink bumped us and put us on standby returning from Victoria Falls, we called the concierge number Henry had given us and Catherine worked hard on this and got us back on our flight. The Safari.com team had our back and we have no regrets. Would definitely use them again. Our lodging was wonderful, saw the big 5 within first 2 drives. Henry definitely knew the territory and did a great job matching what we wanted with where he suggested we go and stay. Thanks Safari.com, Henry and Catherine!
Sep 5, 2022
Trip of a life time
Well where to starter, África always been my number one dream vacation, I found safari.com didn’t know anything about, but pascal made me feel very confident.pascal put my whole trip together (everything I wanted) a trip of a life time. Had the best time in Africa, was everything that I except and a little more. Pascal is the best and I will go back to Africa and will go through safari.com that I recommend and is 💯 legit.thank you for everything pascal, you rock!!!
Sep 5, 2022
For a second time I booked a safari in…
For a second time I booked a safari in South Africa by Safari.com and had the great pleasure to be assisted and followed by Dolan Sequera. I have to say I really appreciate his way to communicate with me by phone and/or WhatsApp/mail, I always got a very quick answer to my questions with solutions and or suggestions which solved the doubts/problems I had. A really very very knowledged and professional person I will surely suggest to friends of my or who ever is plannig to visit South Africa! Thank you very much Dolan
Aug 31, 2022
I've recently interacted with Dolan and…
I've recently interacted with Dolan and hands down he's been the best travel agent that I've every worked with. He was a wealth of experience and knowledge which shows volumes. He took into consideration my budget and my individual needs to tailor make a package with recommendations for my preference,he knows Kruger and Greater Kruger like the back of his hands and I will wholeheartedly recommended his services. He is truly an asset to his institution.
Apr 21, 2022
The best company
I have booked several trips with Safari.com and they are the best. They are personal and professional and always pay attention to the details to make your trip special. Casper is the best agent I have worked with. We are looking forward to booking another trip!!
Travel with Safari.com
Your own personal travel assistsant
25 years in business
We know Africa best
Relationships with 500+ operators throughout Africa
Consultants available 24/7