Entry points into the park:
• From South Africa access is through the Twee Rivieren gate
• From Namibia through the Mata-Mata gate
• From Botswana through the Two Rivers, Mabuasehube and Kaa gates.
• Passports are not required for entry, unless departure is planned through a different gate into another country.
Directions from Central Gauteng:
• The Kgalagadi Transfontier National Park is situated approximately 250 km from Upington in the far northern Cape and 904 km from Johannesburg.
• Visitors driving from Johannesburg have a choice of two routes, either via Upington (255 km tarred road) or via Kuruman, Hotazel and Vanzylrus (+/- 340 km gravel).
• Upington airport is the nearest airport to the Park.
• All guests intending to travel to Twee Rivieren, via Vanzylrus, must note that the gravel sections are badly corrugated and travelling at high speed is not advised.
• Guests travelling via Upington/Askham will be doing so on a tarred road that is in good condition.
Travelling Distances within the Park:
• Twee Rivieren – Nossob: 3.5hrs
• Twee Rivieren – Mata Mata: 2.5hrs
• Twee Rivieren – Kalahari Tent Camp: 2.5hrs
• Twee Rivieren – Grootkolk: 6hrs
• Nossob – Union’s End: 3hrs
• Nossob – Mata-Mata (over Kamqua dune road): 3.5hrs
• Nossob – Bitterpan: 2.5hrs
• Bitterpan – Mata-Mata: 2hrs
• Nossob – Grootkolk: 2.5hrs
• Mata-Mata – Kalahari Tent Camp: 4 km
GPS: Entrance Gate - Twee Rivieren: -26.47395 (latitude), 20.6132 (longitude)