View our comprehensive maps page to see the full range of printable and interactive maps.
Travel routes and times from central Gauteng are listed below. Travel by road requires entry through one of Kruger National Park's gates.
By Road - Phalaborwa Gate:
• Take the N1 toll-road to Polokwane (Pietersburg).
• 40 km before Polokwane turn right onto the R71 and head for Tzaneen.
• After Tzaneen head towards Phalaborwa and the gate. Allow between 6 to 7 hours for the trip to the gate.
• Tsendze Rustic Campsite is approximately 70 km away from the gate. Allow about 2 ½ hours for the drive to the camp, however if you want to enjoy the game viewing possibilities give yourself more time!
Note: Check-in at Mopani at least 1 hour before gate closes.
GPS: -23.5559 (latitude), 31.4408 (longitude)
Recommended game drives from this camp:
1. From Tsenze Rustic Campsite, Take the H1-6 north and exit on the S142, which passes the Pioneer Dam and several other waterholes. Turn right onto the S142, just after the Notomeni Pan to return to the H1-6.
2. Follow the H1-6 out of Tsenze south, past several waterholes. Turning left onto the S48, you can visit the Makhadazi picnic spot. If you take the S48 right, you travel along the riverbank back towards the H6-1 junction that will take you back to the camp, or continue straight on to the Nshawu Dam.